Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Template: I chose a simple sort of template with a more sleek look. Since other students and myself will be able to navigate around the blog, simplicity was key. I choose the travel template with the dark shaded boxes around the words to really highlight the font and actual words on the page. The light blue and white fonts stand out the most. They are what is really important in exploring the subject matter of English 015S.

Title: Many things rhyme with Kelly: smelly, belly, telly. I figured I could creatively incorporate my simple name into an eye catching title. Besides, fun fact, peanut butter and jelly was my go-to sandwich all throughout middle school so it's basically a shout out to my  past. I also included a quote from Bill O'Brien from the Class of 2016 pep rally. People questioned why I wanted to come here once the scandal broke. People questioned Coach O'Brien too. I think if people saw what Happy Valley was really about, there would be no second guessing.

Color: I can be a loud person, but in class I'll usually be the one just listening so I did not want to choose a neon color. I went with the white and blue fonts because blue has always been my favorite color and one must show their school pride any way they can. The background picture is of blurred New York City lights. I'm about a half an hour bus ride outside of NYC and I spend a lot of time there. Most people do not like big cities with all the clutter and people everywhere. I personally love it and can't get enough of it.

Font: I'm a simple, calm kind of girl. I went with Helevtica for my posts and pages so they were easy to read. I choose "Cherry Cream Soda" as my blog title font and for the other sub headings. It is a fun font, but yet, still easy to read and not too crazy. 

Pages: I included pages so that I could really focus on certain things that I liked and would care to share. You can't really get to know someone in a few sentences so I added a little more in the "About Me" page. I talked about my family and friends and how I owe a lot of my successes and good qualities to them. I listed the basic likes and dislikes so people could get a sense of what I was like. I also included what I did in high school and how that carries over into Penn State. I plan on including other pages with things I like such as sports teams or funny videos I find.


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the name of your blog! You're lucky your name rhymes with so many words, like you mentioned. I also really enjoyed immediately seeing a quote from Bill Obrien at the top of the page. You know how to appeal to those who bleed blue! (:

    ReplyDelete